Prayer, Thanksgivings and Petitions
We are so grateful to you all for your continued prayers for BGC. The news at the college is good, although the general news from South Sudan is poor.
- We give thanks for the arrival of 72 students beginning or continuing to study at the college this semester. Most of these are not yet at the standard to do the Limuru diploma, but they are learning well.
- Concerning those who have not made it to the college this semester, our principal asks:
Please pray for the 13 students especially those who came from the Diocese of Lainya who have not made it back to college. They are trapped there. It is not safe for them to move either to Juba or cross over to Northern Uganda. They have automatically missed this academic year. It is our prayer for God to keep them safe there in their homes.
- We praise God that we now have a part-time Academic Dean, Rev. Canon Undo Elisa, who is already proving a blessing to our principal, Samuel Galuak.
- We thank God for the 12 part-time teachers.
- We thank God that our administrator, Esparansa Emil, has now returned safely to Juba. We pray for her and her family, including her daughter Jane who is at school in Khartoum.
- We pray for the up-coming graduation on Saturday, 19th November. This will include the students who graduated in 2015 as well as 2016. May God bless them in their continued work for him wherever they are in the country.
- The bishop of Kajo-Keji, Rt Rev. Anthony Poggo, has been appointed to work with the Archbishop of Canterbury as Adviser for Anglican Communion Affairs. Please pray for him as he takes up this new and important role.
- Please continue to pray for the nation of South Sudan. Five million people are in need of international aid, with hundreds of thousands displaced outside the country. The depth of the crisis is second only to that of Syria.
For those who want more in depth information, this report from Irin News is a well-written resume: http://us12.campaign-archive2.com/?u=31c0c755a8105c17c23d89842&id=51f8fd4287&e=3818f3f39f
Bishop Gwynne College website
Bishop Gwynne College pictures
Our personal blog